Bierton and Broughton lie to the east of Aylesbury, on the edge of town. Bierton on the A418 to Milton Keynes, and Broughton on the northern side of the A41 Tring Road.
Bierton is a small village, with the hamlets of Hulcott, and Rowsham nearby. The village was recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086. One of the most notable landmarks in Bierton is St James’ Church, a Grade II listed building that dates back to the 13th century. Bierton is a more rural setting, amongst farm fields, and plenty of walking opportunities on the doorstep.
The Broughton district of Aylesbury covers a large area on the eastern side of town. The Kingsbrook housing development and the Aylesbury Arm of the Grand Union canal are on the northern side. The canal is great for walking, with the Aylesbury Arm joining The Grand Union Canal near Marsworth and the Tring reservoirs. A walk of 6.25 miles from the basin at Waitrose on Exchange Street in the town centre, through Broughton and on through beautiful countryside.